Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Catch-Up

So, finally I have enough internal momentum to write my second blog. Not just the introduction, but the first 'blog'. Fun fun. I kinda prefer bottling up the writing urge till it expodes honestly onto whatever I'm writing on. So here goes.

I guess what's been sitting on my mind is a question. A question based on an observation, that I really, really cared about the opinions of a group of people before. And now I don't at all. Not that that's strange; life happens, and we all deal with different things in the same way and the same things in different ways every day, but it does make me think. What gave?

Yes, people change, but where? When?

Obviously, living apart from people, you don't let their thoughts filter your experience of your life in conversation, but this wasn't just "I haven't seen you in ages, what's happening?", I actually couldn't give a crap about these people I trusted with my life. And you have to extrapolate that into what's happening in your life right now. Will I care about the people I like now? I want to. I hope so, I'd be very disappointed if I didn't in three years. I like these people a lot more then I ever did the last group, I think. But again, I'm sure I said that of the last group too.

Interesting, that's all. Nothing profound, I'm just wondering about how living a certain way will affect me. Will I care about my current cirlce of people for longer if I force myself to stay in contact, or is this just one of those things you need to relax into and accept as fluid and temporary?

One interesting thought, though. In every circle of friends I have moved on from, there has always been one or two people I've stayed in contact with. And they are my most trusted friends. Life's facebook-cull system, perhaps?

This really isn't turning into anything approaching productive, but it is good for me to splurge my brain every once in a while. Hence the beginning of the blog.

To be honest, I think I'm just glad I felt mature enough to seperate myself from the aspects of those people I didn't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment